Where is Nepal located?
Nepal lies in South Asia and is a landlocked country. Basically, Nepal is located mainly in the Himalayas, however, it also includes parts of the Indo Gangetic Plain.
Geographically small nation Nepal is tucked between two giant countries, China and India. Likewise, Nepal borders China in the Northern side and India on the remaining three sides.
Being the small nation, on the basis of size, Nepal only occupies a land surface area of 0.03% and 0.3% of the World and Asia respectively.
Time Zone of Nepal
Nepal Standard Time (NPT) is the time zone for Nepal. With a time offset from Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) of UTC+05:45 all over Nepal. Nepal is one of the only three-time zones with a 45-minute offset from UTC.
Likewise, NPT is an approximation of Kathmandu’s meantime, which is 5:41:16 ahead of UTC. The standard meridian passes through the peak of Gaurishankar mountain about 100 km east of Kathmandu.
How to Get Nepal?
Apart from aviation, you can also travel overland to Nepal from India and China. There is various checkpoint between India and Nepal. But there is only two international border checkpoint with China.
- Kakarvitta, Jhapa (Eastern Nepal) to India
- Birganj, Parsa (Central Nepal) to India
- Belahia, Bhairahawa Rupandehi (Central Nepal) to Nepal
- Jamunaha, Nepalgunj Banke (Western Nepal) to Nepal
- Mohana, Dhangadi Kailali (Western Nepal) to Nepal
- Gaddachauki, Mahendranagar (Western Nepal) to Nepal
- Kodari, Sindhupalchowk (Northern Border) to China
- RasuwaFort, Rasuwagadhi(Northen Border) to China
- Nepal Airlines Corporation (RA) Kathmandu — Delhi, Bangkok, Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur, Dubai, Doha
- Qatar Airways (QR) Doha – Kathmandu
- Thai Airways (TG) Bangkok — Kathmandu
- Gulf Air (GF) Bahrain – Kathmandu
- Dragon Air (KA) Hong Kong – Kathmandu
- Korean Air (KE) Seoul – Kathmandu
- Silk Air (MI) Singapore – Kathmandu
- Indian Airlines (IC) Delhi – Kathmandu
- Jet Airways (9W) Delhi – Kathmandu
- Jetlite (S2) Delhi – Kathmandu
- Etihad Airways (EY) Abu Dhabi – Kathmandu
- Air Arabia (G9) Sarjaha – Kathmandu
- Bahrain Air ( ) Bahrain – Kathmandu
- Air China (CA) Chendu – Lhasa – Kathmandu
- China Southern Airlines (CZ) Guangzhou – Kathmandu
- Biman Bangladesh (BG) Dhaka – Kathmandu
- GMG Airlines (Z5) Dhaka – Kathmandu
- PIA (PK) Karachi – Kathmandu
- Druk Air (DK) Paro – Kathmandu
Nepal Interesting Facts
- Nepal is known as the “Roof of the World” as it gloriously houses the world’s tallest peak “Mount Everest (8848m)” popularly known as “Sagarmatha” in Nepal.
- Nepal has the world’s densest concentration of World Heritage sites.
- Lumbini, a place in Nepal is the birthplace of Lord Buddha.
- The capital Kathmandu of Nepal is popularly known as the “City of Temples”.
- Nepal is the only country in the world with a non-rectangular flag. Nepal’s flag is triangular in shape.
- Nepal is also famous for its soldiers. The famous Gurkhas originated from the mountainous region of Gorkha, one of the 75 districts of modern Nepal.
- Nepal does not have an independent day as it was never colonized.
- Elephant Polo was originated from Nepal.